Update to BBSIM PEPII geometry: gnbpip
19 Oct 1998
- Many small updates to improve geometry.
- Fixed BPMO (beampipe mother volume) to avoid forward overlap with SSVD. SSVD needs to fix backward overlap. Picture of BPMO/SSVD overlap .
- Determined part of the MCPF (forward IFR) overlap due to double creation of the endcap door plate. In process of removing that piece from gnbpip. gnmuon will need to solve other overlap problems. Picture of overlap between the forward endplug and MCPF .
- HER & LER TURTLE decks finished, initial set of lost particle background rays available.
- Major magnetic field improvements. These changes result in reasonable, but not perfect agreement between the nominal orbits in GEANT and MAGBENDS.
- Updated B1.
- Added Q2, Q4, Q5.
- Updated Q1, including x', y' tilt to Support Tube.
- Modify TMAXFD, max field deflection allowed per step, in magnet vacuum volumes to force small step size.
- Will implement a flag for cosmic ray run so the endplugs only can be turned on (only part of gnbpip in place for cosmics).
Last modified: Mon Oct 19 08:18:11 PDT 1998